Data and products available from MET
MET's data sources consists of:
- Raw data from measuring instruments, visual observations and quality assured data from measuring instruments. Measurement data quality assured with KVALOBS and similar systems.
- Calculated values in weather and ocean forecast models, geoscientific post process values from the models, including the AROME weather forecasting models.
In order for the data from the Norwegian Meteorological Institute to be considered as our official data the following requirements must be met:
- The data must be produced by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute directly or be based on the operational organisations we participate in: ECMWF and EUMETSAT.
- The institute's management has approved that we can base external deliveries on the data and an operating procedure has been established for the production of the data.
MET's products consists of:
- All data processed whether it be estimated statistical elements or completed transformations, such as extracts, formatting, visualisation, alignment and interpretation comprise MET products. Includes associated metadata.
- The products are the result of processing with an increase in value in excess of what the underlying data provides and they are based on MET's official data.
In order for products from the Norwegian Meteorological Institute to be considered as MET's official products, the following requirements must be met:
- Products must be based on our official data and be produced by us or our official partners, with algorithms that are quality assured and approved by us.
- MET's management has approved that we can base external deliveries on these products and an operating procedure has been established for the production of the products.
Only official data and products are made available to third parties. This means that data and products that are being tested at the institute will not be available before they are defined as official.
Data that we manage and use in our government assignments, and which by its nature is exempt from public disclosure, is not made available for third parties. This also applies to data and products derived from our commercial activity in selected assignments.