Open source code
The Norwegian Meteorological Institute seeks to make all software developed with public funds available as open source. These software packages are used by several nations and therefore also contain contributions from other nations under the same open license. In connection with research projects, scripts or applications that are used to process the data will be made available.
- Diana: The primary work tool of the meteorologist.Available as open source under the Gnu General Public License (GPL).
- Kvalobs (KVOSS) - Software for the Quality Control of Geophysical Data: Quality control of observations. Further developed in collaboration with the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI).
- The Unified EMEP model: Calculates the transport of air pollution. Important for the EMEP research collaboration.
- WDB (Weather and Water Database):● A database for the storage and retrieval of a wide range of meteorological and hydrological data. Uses PostgreSQL and PostGIS as the core of the solution. The development of WDB took place in collaboration with SMHI.
- Fimex: Software for converting model data between file formats.Can also pick out data for a limited area, select the parameters for a model and transform between different map projections.
- Metamod 2.x: Solution for the storage and retrieval of scientific data sets. Web-based interface for searching in metadata and the retrieval of desired parts of available data sets.
- jtimeseries: Software for the presentation of time series. The software is run with the help of data such as what is freely available from api.met.no